Thursday, January 24, 2013

I sense a great disturbance in the force... And can someone get that lensflare out of my face? I mean seriously enough with the Lensflares!

Ok so the word is out on the street kids, and the word is that JJ Abrams director of the last Star Trek movie that was out in 2009, and the director of the one coming out this year "Star Trek into Darkness" is ditching his Trekkie nerds for Star Wars Nerds.

Now this comes from a site called "TheWrap" They are making the claims to have an inside source that has leaked them the information that after months of back, and forth, and even a denial by JJ that he would direct it looks like Lucas/Disney have found their ubber dork... err director to return us to the Galaxy far far away.

First let me introduce you to what you have in store...Lensflare!!!!!
And LOTS OF THEM!!!




J.J. Abrams will direct the next "Star Wars" film for Disney, taking stewardship of one of Hollywood's most iconic and lucrative film franchises, an individual with knowledge of the production told

 "Argo" director Ben Affleck was also in contention, another individual with knowledge of the talks told TheWrap.


Ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm last year and announced it would make new "Star Wars" films, fans, members of the media and industry executives have speculated about which director would take the job. Abrams' name always came up, but he told Entertainment Weekly in November that he wasn't going to take the job.

  • He did say "Star Wars" was the first movie that "blew my mind" in terms of special effects.


Lucasfilm Chief Kathleen Kennedy has been courting Abrams, one of the most successful directors and producers in Hollywood -- and a man beloved by fanboys. He runs one of the industry's top production companies, Bad Robot, and created or co-created television franchises like "Lost," "Fringe" and "Alias." He has also directed film spectacles "Mission: Impossible III," "Star Trek" and "Super 8."

The lure of the Jedi was too strong, and it will no doubt complicate his relationship with Paramount, where Bad Robot is a top supplier. Abrams has been feverishly working on "Star Trek Into Darkness," his second Star Trek film since he rebooted the franchise in 2009. "Into Darkness," still in post-production, opens May 18.

Though he has several producing jobs in front of him, Abrams had been uncommitted as a director. He will have to jump right into "Star Wars," which Disney has slated for a 2015 release. "Little Miss Sunshine" screenwriter Michael Arndt is penning the script.

Reached by TheWrap, Lynne Hale, spokeswoman for Lucasfilm, declined to comment immediately. Neither CAA, which represents Abrams, nor Bad Robot immediately responded to requests for comment.
So there it is folks! We have a new director? Maybe? It's not been confirmed yet by Disney or Lucasfilms but I will bring you the latest as it breaks. The galaxy far far away now might have taken it's first steps into darkness... If true I have mixed emotions about this. I mean he's responsible for the best Star Trek movie to date sure, and the sequel looks fantastic. But this is why I have mixed emotions.

He's doing such a great job on Trek I would hate to see him repeat Bryan Singers mistake. See Singer left X MEN after 2 movies which the public likes, and embraced him with. He left to make Superman Returns which turned out to be more like Singerman Returds.

His career has never been the same, and after years of fanboys bitching we never got a sequel to his Superman movie, and he has not directed anything notable since.

Unless you count the pilot turned tv movie of Mockingbird lane (Munsters Remake) as anything special. Personally hated it by the way.

I like JJ As a director, and have enjoyed his work until now... But I have a bad feeling about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment